Encinitas CIty Council Member Joe Mosca
Public service has always been a part of Joe. He grew up being involved in community service and learned the importance of giving back from his family. He believes that his public service is his way to give back to his community and make a positive difference.
Joe began his public service in Encinitas on the Parks & Recreation Commission where he participated in the update of the City’s Parks, Beaches, Trails and Open Space Master Plan and advocated for the City’s trail system. During this time, Joe also served as an alternate to the Coastal Mobility & Livability Work Group.
He was appointed to the Encinitas City Council in 2017 and in January of 2018, he was unanimously chosen by his colleagues to be Deputy Mayor. While on City Council, Joe has made Public Safety, Fiscal Responsibility, and Climate Action his priorities.
Additionally, from 2006 to 2011, while living up north, Joe served as City Council Member, Deputy Mayor and Mayor of the City of Sierra Madre. Professionally, Joe has been a member of the California Bar Association since 1999 and he is employed in the energy sector at San Diego Gas & Electric.
Joe lives in the Olivenhain community of our City with his spouse and two children. His children attend Olivenhain Pioneer Elementary and he is a member of the school PTA and the Encinitas Educational Foundation. Joe is also a member of the Olivenhain Town Council and the Encinitas Trails Coalition.
Joe and his family attend St. Andrew’s Church in Encinitas and are active members.
Joe represents the City of Encinitas on the following boards and committees:
- San Dieguito Water District, President, Board of Directors
- Santa Fe Irrigation District/San Dieguito Water District Badger Water Facilities Finance Authority, Board Member
- Santa Fe Irrigation District/San Dieguito Water District Joint Facilities Advisory Committee, Chairperson
- San Elijo Joint Powers Authority, Board Member
- Encina Wastewater Authority, Alternate Board Member
- Encinitas Fire Governance Subcommittee, Member
- Economic Development Subcommittee, Member
- North County Dispatch Joint Powers Authority, Alternate Member
- Regional Solid Waste Association, Alternate Member
- Cultural Tourism Committee, Member
- School District Liaison Committee, Member
Paid for by Joe Mosca for City Council 2018. FPPC #1403074